The Greely Community Association (GCA) Board of Directors is dedicated to supporting and working with the residents of the Village of Greely and our surrounding areas. There are over 7000 residents along with aproximately 250 local businesses in the GCA area.
The GCA is concerned about local residents who may be unable to care for themselves out of fear or other limitations. We are coordinating information on the GCA Facebook page that will assist residents in our area and across the Osgoode Ward.
We have been receiving numerous offers to assist the GCA and our residents. Our goal is to coordinate with other Community Associations in our Ward to support those in need.
President, Greely Community Association.
Please note: This is a very rapidly changing situation, we will update information on this website as it becomes available.
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm,
Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Delivering depending on driver availability. Will bring out to car if no payments are required.
Greely Hot Pizzeria
Monday - Thursday, and Sunday: 11:00am - 8:00pm, 11:00am - 4:00pm take out only - will bring to the door, deliveries available from 4:00pm - 8:00pm.
Friday and Saturday: deliveries all day from 11:00 - around 8:00pm.
Monday - Sunday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 8:00am for seniors and disabled and immunocompromised only
LCBO 11:00am - 8:00pm.
Monday – Saturday: 8:00am - 9:00am senior, disabled, immunocompromised only
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 10am - 6pm.
No curbside or deliveries.
Jonny Canuks, Findlay Creek re-opens at 4:00 p.m., May 6, for take-out only
Greely Medical Centre
Mon: 9:00am - 8:00pm
Tues - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
If Covid-19 related call Ottawa Public Health at 613-580-6744
Or call Telehealth Ontario at 1866-797-0000
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Delivery available, curbside possible if circumstances allow.
Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Call as the hours may change.
No deliveries, curbside *may* be possible
Metcalfe Family Dental Centre
Closed until April 6
In an emergency call 613-523-4815
Sunset Dental Centre
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 5:30pm
AGRI-FOOD ONLINE BUSINESS ANNOUNCEMENT:
The Governments of Canada and Ontario announced on April 27, 2020, $2.5M to help the Agri-food sector expand business online. The funding is being provided through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership Program. There will be two funding streams: 1) Bring Your Business Online; and 2) Develop Online Business Opportunities. For more info. and application process, see http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/cap/ebusiness.htm/ and https://www.news.ontario.ca/omafra/en/2020/04/governments-invest-25-million-to-grow-agri-food-e-business-during-covid-19.html?fbclid=IwAR2lXdiKIo6J4_JH_oDPr730Rpy38VQ7MElkQMCvxW0BVPyCyN58JvrO23U
- City Of Ottawa Public Health Reference Letter : https://www.greelycommunity.ca/images/Letter_to_Community_Associations_-_Apr_23.pdf
- Ottawa Public Health Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ottawahealth/?__tn__=K-R&eid=ARArnc7GkGGe96Vjj0COVRQHKWkMZzQQoZ1Zca_lS4ABpz7aPpXvyqkrCqH9x3W3Tj8RipL0Mg3S_Erk&fref=mentions
- Public Health Ontario: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/…/resp…/novel-coronavirus
- Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- Employment Insurance Information & Application: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-sickness/apply.html
- Resources for Canadian Businesses - Government of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/business/maintaingrowimprovebusiness/resources-for-canadian-businesses.html
- Farm Credit Canada (Support for Famers): https://www.fcc-fac.ca/en/covid-19.html
- Ontario Public Health Covid-19 Self-Assessment tool: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/#q0
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2020/03/canadas-covid-19-economic-response-plan-support-for-canadians-and-businesses.html
Collaborate with neighbors to check in on the most vulnerable in your community
As COVID-19 continues ro spread, check in with elderly, ill, disabled or immunocompromised neighbors that are part of the most vulnerable to this virus. Volunteer to do simple tasks — such as grocery shopping, picking up medications or helping out with errands (like shovelling or walking a dog). Items can be left at the front door. When checking in with a neighbor, remember to knock then move at least 2 metres away from the door while talking.
Osgoode Emergency Food Cupboard: 613-821-1481, Donations can be dropped off at:
St John the Evangelist, 2540 Stagecoach Rd
Our Lady of the Vistation, 5338 Bank Street
Buy Local Campaign to help Local Businesses
The City of Ottawa today launched the first phase of an online promotional "Buy Local" campaign to help local businesses during these challenging times.
The campaign encourages residents to support their favourite small businesses by taking immediate and concrete steps now:
• Buy from local businesses online.
• Purchase gift cards from local businesses to use later.
• Order delivery or takeout from area restaurants.
• Send local businesses messages of support on social media.
These actions will help local shops, restaurants and services by providing them with critical income during this challenging period.
Rural Ottawa South Support Services (Rosss) is offering free grocery delivry if you ar an 55+ or an adult with a disblilty living in rural Ottawa South: https://www.rosss.ca
Nepean Osgoode Rideau Community Resources Centre: At this time, we will be able to mail emergency food vouchers to residents within our catchment and by next week our counselling service will be available remotely https://www.nrocrc.org
Parkway Pentecostal Church: offered to help if needed http://parkwaychurch.ca